Watercolour Painting, Alcohol Markers, and AI

Autobot

The autobot above was my next project because I wanted to see what I could achieve with my new alcohol markers. As you can see it isn't finished yet - it is still a work in progress. I have made a few digital enhancements so that I could put it up on my blog. He is called AI Autobot and will be undergoing some changes to fit the description. Recently, everybody has been raving about AI Artificial Intelligence. I am steering clear of AI at the moment because my intelligence is okay for me. I don't want to lose my edge by relying on some computer program for now. After all, I got this far in life without it.

Some of my new art supplies

After starting with watercolour painting and succeeding with that I have ventured into multi media to get some exposure to a new dimension in my art. Working with different mediums comes with its challenges because the ideal paper for markers is the opposite of what you need for watercolour painting. To successfully blend these two together on smooth paper is not the easiest thing to attempt. Do they belong together? No. But one can break the rules to see what is possible. The result is a new experience. If it works, success is sweet.

a shack in the woods

This picture was created mainly with alcohol markers. I had to work hard to make it happen and I found it very challenging. As usual I almost threw it away. It is obviously not realistic at all but it catches the eye because it's colourful. Does everything gel together? No. But is an experience and as such helps me to do better next time.

On the subject of using different mediums to express one's creativity, isn't that what Leonardo Da Vinci did? He painted and sculpted and designed things. A very multi-talented guy. Some people even include music with their art. I wish I had the talent for that. Maybe I would be lucky to do that one day.

a fictitious jet

This picture above has just been created with coloured markers. Practise makes perfect. Again, it's not a masterpiece, just a way of practising with my new set of markers.

Here are some of my other pieces of art.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Started Watercolour Painting

I Painted a Horse

The Answer to Trouble