Enjoying Coffee and Reminiscing

coffee in the a hand of a woman

 Most people get up in the mornings and reach for a steaming hot cup of coffee with aroma scents filling the air helping to ease them into the start of a new day. There is something mysterious and alluring about the profile of a woman holding a mug with steam carrying that special scent of coffee that we all love all around her.

Maybe, when you get up in the morning again you will remember reading this post and seeing the sketch and also decide to reminisce with your favourite coffee -  reminisce implies a casual often nostalgic recalling of experiences long past and gone (Merriam-Webster).

This is what I have been doing as I had to reminisce about my past experiences as I wrote my book which I have finished but have been checking and rechecking for errors or spelling mistakes before I can launch it.

Soon it will be ready to publish online and I am really hoping people like you who have been checking my blog will want to read it. If you have enjoyed reading about my experiences then you will be used to the way I write and the book is much like my articles. Maybe, you will be reminded of some of your own memories when you read my book or maybe it will inspire you to try a new adventure in your life.

Sometimes we are a bit scared of the unknown - like I am of sharing my experiences in my book - but when we look back, we at least have past experinces to reminisce about and that is our reward for having taken a few risks. So, maybe you take a risk by buying my book and you become motivated to do something you always wanted to. I sometimes put myself out there to try new things and at least have something to show for it - experiences.

Here's an example. I once made friends with a pretty young lady who lived on a farm far away in the country. I decided I wanted to go and visit her. That was a distance of 957 km (595 miles). I didn't own a car and there were no buses or trains that would get me there in a hurry, so I decided to hitch-hike the distance, something I had never done before. When you are young it seems like you can do the impossble even if you don't know if you will succeed.

To my surprise, I had the most exciting time of my life making that trip and achieving what seemed the impossible to me. I had an unforgetable time with her and her family on the farm and ended up even doing it a second time. All my experiences were worthwhile, so I will never look back and say, "I wish I had done this or that!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Started Watercolour Painting

I Painted a Horse

The Answer to Trouble