Ray-Ban Sunglasses And BMW Motorcycle Mystery

Ray-Ban Sunglasses on BMW Motorcycle seat

Ray-Ban Aviators sunglasses have always been my first choice in sunglasses and BMW my premium brand of motorcycle. Two things very dear to me. But there's a mystery behind this story on a particular day going back ten years from today. It flashed back into my mind and I decided to share it with you. This picture is almost exactly as I remember it.

It was a sunny day with puffy clouds chasing each other against a bright blue sky - the perfect day to don my favourite Ray-Bans. After many years I managed to acquire a magnificent BMW 1200 RT motorcycle and I climbed aboard for my trip to the centre of Johannesburg. Nothing compares to the exhilaration of riding one of those machines. Travelling in a car doesn't come near.

The trip into the city was fantastic and I felt like the king of the road. Midday traffic was busy and I parked my bike two blocks away from the Carlton Centre. Being in a hurry to get to the Foto Shop in the centre I grabbed my films and walked briskly to my destination. In those days I used a film camera and that was my favourite shop - their prices were really good and so was the quality. 

I was so intent on what I was doing because I had left my prized BMW parked in a not so ideal location and I wanted to get things done as quickly as possible so that I could rush back to my bike before something happened to it. In the shop, I thought of my sunglasses and that made things worse because I thought I had lost them - oh drat! My beautiful day started turning for the worse and I was getting more and more anxious by the minute.

When I couldn't stand it anymore I left the shop and started hurrying back to my motorbike. The trip seemed to drag on forever and pedestrians kept getting in my way. When I needed to cross a busy road I was forced to wait because of the traffic. As I rushed back I looked all over the place to see if I had maybe dropped my precious sunglasses along the way, but couldn't find them.

Finally, I turned the last corner and saw that my beloved BMW was okay - just as I had left it. Staring and smiling at me was my precious Ray-Ban sunglasses where I had forgotten them on the seat of my bike. With a sigh of relief, I slowed down and just stood there appreciating what had transpired.

I had worked myself up into a state over the fact that I had left my motorbike in a place where anyone could have tampered with it because that neighbourhood was not the best part of town. On top of that, I had forgotten to pick up my sunglasses after I had removed my helmet. In fact, I had rushed to get to the foto shop without thinking.

Until today I am still amazed at the divine providence that looked after my things when I was so pre-occupied and forgetful. "Thank You, Lord," I said as I enjoyed my drive home feeling very lucky indeed. I mean, who would walk past a pair of Ray-Bans just lying there on an untended motorbike seat in a place where you could just casually walk past and snatch them?

So I came to the conclusion that Ray-Ban sunglasses can become invisible for a short period of time! Or my BMW motorbike magically cast a spell on them while I was away. You never know, hey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Started Watercolour Painting

I Painted a Horse

The Answer to Trouble