Tonga Tackle the Springboks 1 October 2023

 

Some photos from the Springbok-Tonga RWC match
The match started with Tonga putting the first points on the board. Shocker! Tonga looked good and the players were huge, physical guys – like real WWE wrestling champions.

Fortunately, it didn’t take the Boks long to score a try and convert it. If I enjoyed the previous games I managed to watch, this one was a real humdinger. Whenever the Tonga players attacked it took everything the Boks had to keep them from scoring. Sometimes you just saw bodies flying around on the field as this rugby match became very physical. You could understand that those massive Tonga guys were able to show their physical strength, but the Boks were just as good in the tackling department.

As the game progressed the South African score kept on surging ahead. They really had to show their mettle because their opponents were giving them a run for their money. When it came to scoring those extra kicking points, we weren’t disappointed this time around as the ball kept sailing between the uprights when kicked – pleasure to behold.

I almost decided to go to bed after I saw the Springboks winning but I decided to see if I could take a few photographs of what came on my TV screen. That kept me focused and alert. It was quite a tricky exercise because many of the shots were blurred and had to be discarded. Just a few were usable, and I have included them with this blog post. The final score was 49 - 18 in the Springboks' favour.

I am not a rugby fan that lives and breathes my sport. I just enjoy watching the game. Whatever happens in the matches to come to me is like Que sera sera (whatever will be will be). I must say that my pictures really brighten up the page and add drama to the story. I hope you like it.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I Started Watercolour Painting

I Painted a Horse

The Answer to Trouble